Busy fall, busy winter... at least I'm keeping active
APE was fantastic and very validating (people liked my work? Amazing!). I'm contemplating where I want to go from here with my comics and things, but in the meantime I'm putting more time into my journal comic
(now on a shiney new wordpress server, huzzah!) and plotting out a fictional webcomic I want to introduce in 2009.
Other things in the works include an etsy shop for my crafts, rolling out in early 2009, and online sales of some of my self-published minis (like Ellezilla. You know you want to read about Japan!) on my website shortly thereafter.
Other plans, though not nearly so grand, include going through my sketchbook before the end of the year and finishing up all the in-progress original character 100
pieces from as far back as August. I won't finish by the end of the year, but I'll be done soon. Which will be downright momentous!
In other, totally non art news, I recently adopted a cat. Which is consuming all my time. Enough said, really.
But, it's the holidays and I feel festive, so a meme I was tagged for:
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
When I was 14 I got on this high horse about how wasteful Christmas is and I started our family on pre-wrapping boxes (like in the movies, where the only thing holding them together is a bow). We now have a huge stash built up over time with all kinds of funky paper. Those are my favorites
2. Real tree or Artificial?
Real! I have a tiny living tree outside my apartment, it is adorable. But the family does real.
3. When do you put your tree up?
Sometime in December, depending on how busy we all are. This year was kind of early...
4. When do you take the tree down?
January? Dad's a neat freak ^_^;
5. Do you like eggnog?
Never had it!
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
A build it yourself Victorian dollhouse kit that my dad and I then put together... and never finished painting.
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My older brother, because we are totally not alike
8. Easiest person to buy for?
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Mom has one
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Oven mitts that are too stiff to actually use for cooking.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie?
Nightmare Before Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I used to start real early, but now it's late November.
14. Have you ever re-gifted a Christmas present?
No, but I've been regifted one by my brother before.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
16. Lights on the tree?
17. Favorite Christmas song?
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Dasher Dancer Donner Blitzen Comet Cupid Vixen... Rudolph... am I missing one?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning?
Used to be tradition to open exactly on on the Eve and the rest in the morning... now it's just morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
23. Favorite Ornament theme or color?
Silver and white or red and gold
24. Favorite thing for Christmas dinner?
Honeybaked ham. And pie. And chocolate. Um. All of it?
25. What do you want for Christmas this year?
A new printer so that I don't have to borrow someone else's to make my own minicomics